What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to change channel unit?

Votes:

Hello, I have created a factory sensor that accumulate several bandwidth sensors, how can i change the display of the bandwidth shown in the graph from Kbit/s to mbit/s ? I tried to change it on the sensor's parent device but it didn't change it.

Thanks, Yaron

channel factory units

Created on Mar 24, 2014 4:16:35 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

You would have to change the units on the bandwidth sensors that make up that sensor factory sensor. You can do this at the original device(s) settings page.

Created on Mar 25, 2014 11:27:22 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I have changed the units on the device which the original bandwidth sensors belongs to. The sensory factor is still showing Kbit/s unit, Do I need to do something more than that? Thanks, Yaron

Created on Mar 26, 2014 10:28:02 AM

Votes:

Please add a [<unit>] entry at the end of the formula, for example

percent(channel(2001,0),100,kilobit)

Please make sure all counters being used by the factory sensor are set to be the same.

Created on Mar 26, 2014 12:04:44 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hello, The Channel Definition of the factory sensor:

1. 0001:Lan Channel (36379,0)

When I do follow the example you gave, I get the following error message:

1. 0001:Lan Channel ((36379,0) , 1000 , mbit)

Ajax Error (Bad Request)

When im doing

1. 0001:Lan[mbit] Channel (36379,0)

it shows the mbit in the graphs and in the live data but the values are still in kbit. example: 1,797,347,530 mbit

Thanks, Yaron

Created on Mar 26, 2014 1:33:54 PM

Votes:

In order to be able to have a more direct look at this, please forward us an email to [email protected], including screenshots of the settings and the results. Please mention this thread for reference.

Created on Mar 27, 2014 11:58:29 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Thank you, I will do that. I want to add that once I created a new factory sensor after changing the parent unit settings, the relevant unit were expressed, but the meaning of that is I will need to re-create all the sensors and the maps again.

Thanks, Yaron

Created on Mar 27, 2014 1:06:36 PM

Votes:

Did you solve it? They made the aggregated sensor way worse than it was.

Created on Jun 11, 2020 10:00:03 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.