What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Applications adn Services Logs

Votes:

Hi,

I would like to monitor the logs of our ADFS 2.0 servers. But those logs are in the events under Applications and Services Logs. Logs not visible using the sensors WMI Event Log or Event Log (Windows API). Any idea?

Thanks, Alex.

adfs events sensor

Created on Mar 27, 2014 10:16:24 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. If PRTG's inbuilt Event Log sensors cannot access these Event Logs, please try using a self-written Custom Exe/Script Sensor to solve this.

best regards.

Created on Mar 28, 2014 2:03:33 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It would be great if this feature could be added to the Event Log sensor(s). I too have a need to read out of another event log.

Created on May 15, 2014 6:20:54 PM

Votes:

Has anyone written a Custom Exe/Script Sensor monitor for this? We'd also like to monitor ADFS events in the Applications and Services Logs. Wondering how others have gotten around this.

And Paessler Support, and word on if the Custom Views > Server Roles event logs or Applications and Services Logs will be added to the existing monitoring tools? I'd LOVE to see this in a future release.

Created on Dec 14, 2015 10:03:49 PM

Votes:

Hello, Currently there are no plans for native Event Log sensors for these additional event logs. It should be possible to monitor this script based though.

Created on Dec 15, 2015 8:17:09 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.