What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring a HP P2040 SAN?

Votes:

We have now updated PRTG to 14.1.9.1645 and the SSH SAN sensor is finally there. But when i let the sensor connect to the San P2040 it is showing warnings everywhere. Have checked via SSH checked the status och system health and the san is reporting OK, but in PRTG is reports warnings everywhere i.e. temperature, health, completely everything.

Anyone has any suggestions what to do?

p2040 san ssh

Created on Mar 27, 2014 1:28:59 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Which exact errors do you then get? Could you please upload some screenshots showing the exact error messages on the sensors (from the "Overview"-Tab)? If the sensors are not in error-state right now, you can also check the "Log"-Tab of the sensor, to view previous error-messages.

best regards.

Created on Mar 28, 2014 12:32:27 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can you please try running the following two commands, in a SSH-Session to the P2040:

show sensor-status

This should return a "human readable" status information, please check if there are any hints to the overall status being warning.

set cli-parameters api pager off

This will result in a more XML-Type of the results. You can forward us this one then (and the other) via email to [email protected], we could then check, why the it shows the Warning state.

Created on Mar 28, 2014 2:25:20 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you, i will do it during the next week.

Created on Mar 28, 2014 2:27:46 PM

Votes:

I have sent the support an email but no response yet. How long would it take?

Created on Apr 7, 2014 8:56:37 AM

Votes:

For this case, since the SSH sensor is showing something different than what the device is reporting, you may need to adjust the lookups in PRTG to reflect the correct status. Please take a look at this article to learn how to fix this sensor to match your device.

Sorry that this took a little while, we try to answer all questions within 24 hours but sometimes due to research and other considerations, it can take a little bit longer.

Created on Apr 7, 2014 10:38:09 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.