What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change a trigger for multiple sensors of the same type

Votes:

I need to change the state trigger for a cpu sensor for a specific set of probes. How do I go about doing this specifically for these without having to trawl through 6000+ sensors

cpu-load sensor trigger

Created on Mar 27, 2014 3:21:28 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

If you want to set up a trigger on a specific set of sensors, you can build a library for those sensors and filter by the sensor type and then set up a trigger on the library. The sensors in that library will then inherit this trigger. You can read more about libraries here

Created on Mar 28, 2014 2:35:43 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 13, 2021 12:34:08 PM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

Library is a great way to do this. it allows the notification to be added to any new matching sensor also. All of my notifications are created this way. It is very helpful. Also then if you want to make a change you only have one place to do it.

Created on Mar 29, 2014 9:04:48 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.