What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SQL sensor notifications

Votes:

Hi. I currently have a set of Oracle SQL sensors configured to display the result of a query in numerical format. These sensors change throughout the day at random times. We're counting the number of records in a table.

What I'd like to do is... setup a notification that emails a group of people with the result of the last query. However, I'm not sure how to setup the Notifications section of the sensor. A "state change" notification never fires. A threshold notification (which I have set to email anything that goes above "0") only fires once.

What can I use to have this sensor send an email notification whenever the value of that channel changes ? In our care, it increases every minute or couple of minutes at random times.

change notifications sql

Created on Mar 27, 2014 8:52:10 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

With the Microsoft SQL sensor, you should be able to set up a change notification that will send out a notification each time the value of the primary channel changes. You can read more about this tigger here under Add Change Trigger.

Created on Mar 31, 2014 9:04:38 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.