What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

MX Record Email Round trip Feature request

Votes:

Hi,

I wasn't really sure where to ask this, but as a potential feature request, I think it would be a good idea to develop a round trip email round trip sensor based on MX records.

The issue with SMTP round trip is that your basing this on one single SMTP server, with the MX record you will be able to do the round trip based on your MX record lookup servers. This would be good to meet certain KPI's with-in our business. (If you restart the SMTP server the round trip is based on, your KPI wouldn't be accurate; if this was set based on MX records, the system would simply use a secondary server and still measure 100% uptime in this case)

Thanks, Mark

email feature-request mx round-trip

Created on Apr 1, 2014 11:26:31 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

I have left this open so that if others vote on it, we will consider something like this.

Created on Apr 2, 2014 2:29:37 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would like this aswell

Created on Apr 3, 2014 8:41:03 AM

Votes:

I can try to implement this in the EmailRoundTripPop sensor

If someone is willing to do some testing, please let me know.

Created on Apr 3, 2014 12:26:36 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.