What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Alert based on rate of disk consumption, not percentage free.

Votes:

This is a Follow up to the previously asked question linked at the bottom in 2012. As the user asked. Is there a way to set alerts on the rate of consumption as opposed to total consumed? I just had a rogue process hang while generating a +60GB debug file over the course of a day... happened to check monitoring and saw this, if i had not, service outage for sure!

https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/44993-how-to-alert-based-on-rate-of-disk-consumption-not-percentage-free

consumption disk rate-of-change

Created on Apr 1, 2014 1:50:32 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

This is something that we are still working on but I cannot say when it might be out. Many of the other sensors work on a speed basis but for this type of sensor something else is needed in terms of predictive analytics which we haven't worked out all the bugs on. Like Torsten said, please bear with us.

Created on Apr 2, 2014 2:31:44 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you... is there a feature tracking site that could be subscribed to for feature releases?

Created on Apr 2, 2014 3:45:37 PM

Votes:

Hello,

you can look at our our release notes which we update after each version release:

Created on Apr 3, 2014 9:18:33 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.