What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can not save PRTG homepage

Votes:

After last PRTG update to 14.2.9.1689 i can not use my own welcome page. I want to make my favorite sensors page my welcome page, but both ways making this page me homepage in "Home" menu and through Setup-My account-Homepage URL do not work, althougt URL is right.

homepage homepage-url prtg

Created on Apr 4, 2014 7:55:04 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Have you tried going to your user account and setting the homepage manually there by defining the URL? You might also try restarting the core to see if you are able to save your homepage afterwards as it may be that the configuration needs to be saved in full which happens with the restart.

Created on Apr 7, 2014 9:36:56 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, i tried to set homepage manually. Homepage URL in my account is saved as /sensors.htm?filter_favorite=1 I tried both to restart core and restart the server physically but no effect. I still get the default homepage welcome.htm

Created on Apr 7, 2014 9:49:49 AM

Votes:

Please try and configure this homepage for this account with the PRTGadmin account and see if that works. It may be that the account doesn't have sufficient permissions to do this.

If this doesn't work, please send over your PRTG configuration.dat file to us at [email protected]

Created on Apr 7, 2014 10:54:25 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm PRTG admin. So i sent you a file.

Created on Apr 7, 2014 12:14:01 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.