What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

temporary server error?

Votes:

PRTG worked fine unitil i got this error in the afternoon: "error sending email: temporary server error. Please try again later. PRX4". Is there anyone that is familiar with this error?

I tried to reset my exchange services but nothing seems to work. Is this a PRTG-based error or is there something wrong with my Exchange server?

error mail sending

Created on Apr 7, 2014 3:00:39 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

The PRX4 error code can be a few different problems but this message is being delivered directly from your Exchange server most likely. You should look at the devices that could be inspecting SMTP traffic between your PRTG server and the Exchange server.

Also, it could be an issue with Exchange 2013 according to this article. If you are using the built-in mail delivery system, also make sure that your MX records are set up in your local DNS servers so PRTG can look up where to send the mail.

Created on Apr 9, 2014 12:26:26 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.