What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there a way to have prtg send me a toplist when a traffic threshold is reached?

Votes:

I get an email when the threshold is reached but I would like to see what user is causing the threshold to be exceeded. It would be nice to have prtg capture a toplist when that alarm is triggered and have it mailed along with the alert that the threshold is exceeded. Anyone know anything about doing that?

prtg threshold toplist

Created on Apr 8, 2014 12:37:12 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

This would only be possible with the NetFlow or packet capture sensors, if they do have this. It would be very cool.

I haven't seen that as an option anywhere.

Created on Apr 9, 2014 4:47:11 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.