What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can you fully monitor Sonicwall firewalls with PRTG?

Votes:

Hi,

Our organization is in need of a network monitoring tool and I am testing PRTG to see its capabilities. We have two Sonicwall NSA3500 and two NSA220 that we would like to fully monitor. Is PRTG capable of doing that?

Can you point me to any articles that describe the required configuration to make this happen?

Thanks!

nsa220 nsa3500 sonicwall

Created on Apr 8, 2014 7:00:44 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

It's hard to answer the question of whether or not PRTG can fully monitor a device but we do have many ways built into PRTG for monitoring Sonicwall devices. Please let me know what specifically you are looking to monitor and I can better answer.

What I can say is that monitoring the traffic data from a sonicwall we definitely can do in multiple ways, through SNMP and Netflow and we also have sensors pre-built for monitoring VPN connections and a health sensor that will give you CPU, temperature and other stats depending on the firmware version and Sonicwall you are running. Please let me know if there is anything else you are looking to monitor on the device.

Created on Apr 8, 2014 9:57:15 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.