What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Traffic graphs inconsistency

Votes:

Hello, I use SNMP traffic sensors to monitor switch interface utilization (Cisco). But it behaves kind of strange. When I look at Live data tab, it shows one top value, when I look to 2 day tab, it shows different top value, as well as when I choose any other tab (30 days od one year). How is this possible? Thank you for clarification. Jan

cisco inconsistent snmp-traffic

Created on Apr 9, 2014 10:38:39 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello

The graphs show averages of several data samples to fit the range. This means that the greater the graph range, the more the graph values will even out.

These graphs should still give you a quick overview of the development over time. To see the actual data, please use the "historic data" tab.

Created on Apr 10, 2014 9:38:15 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.