What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco System Health Power Supplies

Votes:

Hello, I have both Cisco 4500 and Cisco 3600x, I've experienced a power outage a few days ago. The 4500 device didn't show anything on the System Health Power Supplies sensor and the 3600 device showed an error on the System Health Power Supplies sensor: System Health Power Supplies (SNMP Cisco System Health) Down (No such instance (SNMP error # 223)). After returning the power, the sensor refused to return to it normal and I had to recreate it. I want to add, even when I tried to simulate the power supply outage the problem repeated itself, the 4500 device showed no problem and the 3600 device entered into error mode and I had to recreate the sensor after the return of the power supply.

Is there another way to monitor the power supply and power outages ?

Thank you, Yaron

cisco power system-health

Created on Apr 10, 2014 8:31:56 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

We have changed the System Health Power Supplies sensor (not yet in the release version) so that, in the future, it will no longer display "no such name" but the number of failing power supplies.

That said, we cannot say, at the moment, why the other systems didn't show an error. Do you have a "System Health Power Supplies" sensor on the affected device?

Created on Apr 14, 2014 12:53:48 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hello, As i wrote, i have a System Health Power Supplies sensor on on both devices And each behaved differently when the error occurred, please read my first comment.

Looking forward to the next version, you're always improving and surprising

Thank you, Yaron

Created on Apr 22, 2014 11:43:41 AM

Votes:

HI Team,

I want to know if there is solution for this problem. My PRTG version is 18.1.36.3733. Yesterday we has a power outage and one particular switch is not getting back to normal on PRTG for health power system.

Created on Feb 27, 2018 5:59:09 PM

Votes:

Hello Varshini,

Which error message is displayed in PRTG? If you add the sensor anew, does the new sensor directly start to work?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Feb 28, 2018 12:22:47 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.