What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Retreive IP of a configured equipment

Votes:

I have a working equipment in PRTG and I was wondering how I could find the exact IP that is monitored ? I want to do that to either confirm that I'm monitoring the proper machine or to simply revered engenering an existing site.

configure equipement ip

Created on Apr 11, 2014 6:19:35 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

PRTG either resolves the DNS name of the device using your DNS server, if the DNS name is used in the device settings, or it is using the IP if you enter it.

PRTG can not check if it is the correct IP it is monitoring. We assume that your DNS resolution is working correct or that you enter the correct values.

Created on Apr 14, 2014 11:07:48 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

What I meant is how can I find the configured IP of a device from the GUI?

The problem is that I have a running configuration and I want to check what IP is being watch for a specific device.

Created on Apr 14, 2014 12:48:06 PM

Votes:

check in the device settings in PRTG what is configured for your devices.

Created on Apr 14, 2014 2:21:18 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, founbd it. I coulnd't see it because I was looking for a remote probe IP which IP is not shown in the GUI. Once I compared with other device I could see that the IP is easy to spot.

Created on Apr 14, 2014 2:35:22 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.