What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't get PRTG SNMP Traffic sensor to install on Rocket

Votes:

I'm a very frustrated camper trying to get a new system up but fighting a PRTG Network Monitor -2003 error when trying to open a SNMP Traffic sensor on any of the Rocket M2 radios despite having identical configs as other systems I have successfully installed. Even with the snmptester and the server Firewall disabled I can not connect to any Ubiquiti devices. The snmptestor cannot even get "Uptime" responses.

The new Rockets have the latest 8.5.5 firmware and SNMP is enabled with the default parameters.

The latest version of PRTG is running on an server computer with Vista Home Premium-SP2 installed.

PRTG is enabled in the Firewall, and all computer settings I have looked at seem to match up with the same settings on other computers I have that are successfully running PRTG.

No matter what SNMP sensors I try to install I get the same SNTP -2003 error.

I have fought this for 3 days without success and am hoping someone else might have a fresh insight about what might be going on.

Given the simplicity of the airOS settings I'm betting the issue is the server computer config, but I have not devined the source yet!

snmp snmp-error#2003 ubiquiti

Created on Apr 12, 2014 1:16:57 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

what happens when you run the SNMP Tester on another PC and scan against your devices.

Do you get anything?

Created on Apr 16, 2014 5:45:38 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.