What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to configure "Check Last Message Date" properly?

Votes:

Hello,

I have set an IMAP sensor to check a mailbox, set a warning threshold to 16 hours and an error threshold to 17 hours.

I've received a mail at 22h51 PM.

At 15h45, the IMAP sensor was orange ("The last matching mail is 0 days and 16:56 hours old"), but when the mail was 17 hours old (at 15h51), the sensor became green. Why?

Cordially.

check imap threshold

Created on Apr 15, 2014 2:21:55 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

That does seem like something is awry with the sensor. Would it be possible for you to have the sensor write the results to disk when the sensor should be in error status and send it to [email protected]? Please refer to this KB article when writing.

Created on Apr 16, 2014 2:30:27 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's annoying,

I activated the function to write the result of sensor to disk, but there is no "Result of sensor [id].txt" in the folder "ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Data\Logs (System)".

Created on Apr 17, 2014 8:08:45 AM

Votes:

If you restart the core is it created then? Also, which version of PRTG are you running?

Created on Apr 17, 2014 9:15:36 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Unfortunatly, I cannot restart the core.

I'm running with the 14.1.8.1371 version.

Created on Apr 17, 2014 10:06:49 AM

Votes:

For this log to be written properly, you will have to restart the core and probe, there isn't any other way to start that logging if it doesn't start automatically. You may try pausing and restarting the sensor but I don't know if that will work.

Created on Apr 18, 2014 9:14:50 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Restart the sensor doesn't work either. Is there another way to proceed?

Created on Apr 25, 2014 9:17:23 AM

Votes:

Have you tried rebooting the server?

Created on Apr 25, 2014 11:54:44 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Sorry for the long wait.

Yes, I tried many time since. But no log has been generated.

Cordially.

Created on Jul 8, 2014 8:09:02 PM

Votes:

Have you updated to the newest version? If not, please do so and if the sensor is still not performing correctly, please send a ticket to [email protected] with a screenshot of the sensor's settings.

Created on Jul 9, 2014 7:59:29 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.