What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Version 14.2.9.1690 and overview

Votes:

Hi,

I've just upgraded my PRTG server with version 14.2.9.1690 and after a reboot i can't see the basic overview in "square" mode (device tree view).

Is it a bug or do i have to configure something ?

Thank you. Regards,

device-tree overview update

Created on Apr 23, 2014 9:31:00 AM

13 Replies

Votes:

Have you tried rebooting the core service or possibly restoring a backup from a previous configuration to see if you are able to see the device tree again?

Also, are you seeing the behavior in the Enterprise Console or the Web Interface or both?

Created on Apr 23, 2014 10:53:55 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I don't have backup of my previous configuration. Before update, web interface doesn't work with Internet Explorer and was ok with Chrome or Firefox. After this update it's the opposite. I can see the overview in square mode on internet explorer but not with other browser.

I'm using a computer with CentOS to supervise my infrastructure on a TV and i only have Chromium or Firefox on it.

Everything seems ok on entreprise console.

Created on Apr 23, 2014 11:30:25 AM

Votes:

oh ! I didn't know that i have automatic backup of configuration file.

I try the "how to" but the PRTG Core Server didn't restart with the configuration file of yesterday.

Created on Apr 23, 2014 11:45:27 AM

Votes:

Does the device tree work on other computers besides the centos box with Firefox or chrome? You might want to try a backup from a few days before the update just in case. If PRTG won't start with the older config file, can you post the error you are getting when trying to start?

Created on Apr 23, 2014 12:48:39 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Device tree works on "circle" mode on all machines (linux/windows and any browser). Device tree works on "square" only on windows machines with internet explorer (Seven IE10).

I'll try an older config file.

Created on Apr 23, 2014 1:01:23 PM

Votes:

I used a config file from april 18th. PRTG serivces start correctly but device tree on "square" still not works.

Created on Apr 23, 2014 1:16:01 PM

Votes:

Have you tried clearing all of the cache from those browsers?

Created on Apr 23, 2014 1:22:46 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, and i also install chromium on the CentOS computer because there was only firefox at the beginning.

Created on Apr 23, 2014 1:25:04 PM

Votes:

I use this topic (https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/29943-how-can-i-hide-the-2-days-30-days-and-365-days-graphs-on-the-group-pages) time ago to custom my tree map view.

Do you think it could be an issue with the 14.2.9.1690 update ?

Created on Apr 23, 2014 1:33:59 PM

Votes:

It could be part of the issue. Please try renaming that file to .bak or something like that and leave a blank file there for the styles_custom.css and see if you can then see the Heatmap view of the device tree (the square view)

Created on Apr 24, 2014 11:05:03 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It works !!

But i got the graph on the right side back :-/

Do you an update for this answer (https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/29943-how-can-i-hide-the-2-days-30-days-and-365-days-graphs-on-the-group-pages) with the new PRTG version ?

Created on Apr 24, 2014 11:43:50 AM

Votes:

We are looking into why this is happening. I'll let you know if there is a fix for this as soon as I can.

Created on Apr 28, 2014 9:39:21 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.