What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature request: Resend update button

Votes:

We have lot's of probes that use unreliable cell connections for their connection back to the core server. When we update our version we often have to run the update manually at multiple sites as it doesn't download the first time. I just noticed now that I can re-trigger the auto update with a restart of the core service. I would like a way for it to trigger remotes to update without a restart to the core. The best would be if I could trigger an update for individual remotes. Also can the download mechanism for the probe update be a bit more robust often it is just a matter of restarting the download. Currently it seems that if there is a short disconnect the download just fails instead of retrying.

I know this like like 4 feature requests but it would make updating much better and painless.

Thanks, Andreas

feature-request remote-probe update

Created on Apr 23, 2014 3:31:06 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Thank you very much for your feedback. We do like this request, and agree that it would be useful. We've added it to the wishlist. Please bear with us, I cannot name an ETA for such a "Retry-Probe-Update" in the moment.

best regards.

Created on Apr 28, 2014 9:19:36 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Paessler

I know this post i really old, but the problem with failed Remote Probes still remain. We have several Remote Probes installed on site with really poor internet connections. These fail 95% of the time we update the PRTG server and generates a lot of manual work. It seems silly that the transmission cannot be resumed, and also that the slow sites blocks the uploads to the faster sites due when they wait to complete.

We ask that you reconsider the request for a resume button and a more robust upload.

Kind regards,

Created on Jan 23, 2023 7:17:05 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.