What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I write Probe Status Files

Votes:

Paessler Support asked me to write my Probe State or Status files, how do I do this?

administration probe prtg state status troubleshooting

Created on Apr 27, 2014 2:42:47 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Create Probe Status Files

In the PRTG web interface, go to Setup | System Administration | Administrative Tools. In the Probe Administrative Tools section, go to Write Probe Status Files and click the Go! button. This will write probe status text files to the Logs (System) directory of your PRTG data folder.

For Remote Probes

When you need to send state logs from the remote probes, you will use the same button as above as this will write the state files for all probes, but you will need to grab them from the remote probe directly and send them to support, they will not be included in the package that is sent from the Support Bundle or the Server Admin tool..

Created on Apr 27, 2014 2:43:25 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 28, 2014 2:29:32 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.