What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP-Fehler # -2003

Votes:

Dear sir or madams,

I tried to use the SNMP-functions of the PRTG Network Monitor but I get the following error message:

No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP-Fehler # -2003)

Can you give me any help on this? Thanks in advane

failure prtg snmp

Created on Apr 28, 2014 10:43:25 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

the SNMP error # -2003 often indicates that basic requirements for SNMP monitoring are not met. Please see this article and check everything that is listed there. Also, run the SNMP Tester against the device(s) you want to monitor (linked and described in the article) to debug your SNMP issues.

Created on Apr 28, 2014 3:24:18 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.