What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Registry Hkey_Performance_Data

Votes:

Hi Guy , I'm trying to use the registry sensor to monitor the status and the qos of my isdn connection. I know that i can use the hkey_performance_data registry but i'm a little in trouble to find the correct keyname and value name. Is there any way to browse the registry in PRTG to select the correct entry ? best regards

monitoring registry windows

Created on Apr 28, 2014 11:55:17 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very sorry, it's not possible to browse the registry in PRTG. Please try getting the name from the normal regedit.exe

best regards.

Created on Apr 30, 2014 2:14:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello , that is my problem. I can't use regedit to browse the Hkey_Performance_Data. If there is a possibility to create a funtion to browse this kind of registry will be great.

Created on Apr 30, 2014 3:56:21 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid not in PRTG, sorry.

Created on May 1, 2014 7:24:07 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the answer . I've found another solution for my problem using a "PerfCounter Custom" sensor. Maybe is the best way to control the status and qos of the isdn modem line in my server. Best regards

Created on May 8, 2014 9:34:01 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.