What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I add statistics about a sensor’s downtime to maps?

Votes:

I would like to add the information that is shown in the page header bar of a sensor to my PRTG Maps. The values which I can see in this bar are, for example, percentages for downtime, uptime, and coverage, as well as the time since the last up and the last down sensor scan result.

How can I get these downtime, uptime, and coverage stats into my maps?

A Sensor's Page Header Bar

coverage custom custom-html custom-map downtime html map-objects maps prtg uptime

Created on Apr 29, 2014 1:49:24 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 29, 2014 2:24:26 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 14 or later

Displaying Uptime, Downtime, and Coverage Statistics in Maps

The values you can see for downtime %, uptime %, coverage %, and the elapsed time since the last down/up scans are not part of default map objects. Because of, you have to create a custom map object if you want to have this information on your dashboards.

The HTML code below will provide you such an object:

1. Copy the code and paste it into an editor.
  2. Name the file, for example, updowntime.htm
  3. Save the file into the \webroot\mapobjects subfolder of your PRTG installation.
  4. Create a new map or open an existing one where you want to add this object to.
  5. Select the Map Designer tab.
  6. Select the desired sensor on the left.
  7. Open the group Custom Map Objects on the right.
  8. Drag & drop the created object Sensor Statistics Up-/Downtime into the main window.

Map Designer Adding the Custom Map Object to a Map

HTML Code for Map Object “Sensor Statistics Up-/Downtime”

<!--Custom Map Objects: Sensor Statistics Up-/Downtime-->

<div class="map_object" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="topleftcoordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
<#checkobjecttype objecttype="sensor" nicemessage="true" id="<@objectid>">
<#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
<#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">
  <h2><#objectproperty name="Name" id="<@objectid>">:</h2>
  <#objectstatus name="downsens" id="<@objectid>">
  <p>
    Uptime: <#objectstatus name="uptime" id="<@objectid>"> [<#objectstatus name="uptimetime" id="<@objectid>">]
  </p>
  <p>
    Downtime: <#objectstatus name="downtime" id="<@objectid>"> [<#objectstatus name="downtimetime" id="<@objectid>">]
  </p>
  <p>
    Coverage: <#objectstatus name="knowntime" show="textshort" id="<@objectid>"> [<#objectstatus name="knowntime" show="htmllong" id="<@objectid>"> of <#objectstatus name="cumsince" show="textshort" id="<@objectid>"> since <#objectstatus name="cumsince" show="htmllong" id="<@objectid>">]
  </p>
  <p>
    Last Up: <#objectstatus name="lastup" show="htmllong" id="<@objectid>">
  </p>
  <p>
    Last Down: <#objectstatus name="lastdown" show="htmllong" id="<@objectid>">
  </p>
  <#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
</div>

Of course, you can adjust this map objects as you like. See the article How can I add or edit map objects used for PRTG's maps?

Note: You can find other possible values which you can add to this map object in the PRTG API documentation, tab Live Data, section Supported Output Columns: http://<your PRTG installation>/api.htm?tabid=3

Created on Apr 29, 2014 2:22:50 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 29, 2014 2:25:24 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.