What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Enterprise Remote Cores

Votes:

Hi, i wanted to be able to link multiple cores together, in the same way as they can be linked in the Enterprise console. Except in 1 web gui, accessible from any machine.

this is so i can have 1 core on each site, monitoring devices within that network, but then reporting back to a central core at our main site. These would then be linked in the web interface as a separate group.

i've tried remote probe and clusters. neither are what i'm seeking.

the idea would be

<PRTG Web GUI>
-root
--site1 prtg core
---site1 device 1 <sensor1><sensor2>
---site1 device 2 <sensor1><sensor2>

--site 2 prtg core
---site2 device 1 <sensor1><sensor2>
---site2 device 2 <sensor1><sensor2>

--site 3 prtg core
---site3 device 1 <sensor1><sensor2>
---site3 device 2 <sensor1><sensor2>
</PRTG Web GUI>

the product works perfectly for what i need, barring this problem which i can't seem to work out. it does let me connect to differing cores on the Enterprise console, but i need to access each of the cores as a separate entity and not one central location.

core-server enterprise-console remote-probe

Created on May 1, 2014 4:26:42 PM

Last change on May 6, 2014 9:17:48 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid this is not possible in PRTG's AJAX webinterface, it will require several browser windows or tabs. Or you would create a "portal" in a third-party website with offers links to these individual PRTG installations.

best regards.

Created on May 6, 2014 9:19:33 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.