What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to make graphics in reports point to the name of the core server?

Votes:

When I create reports, URLs of pictures and graphics point the server core's ip address, how to do to make them attacking the server name? Graphics don't appear in the reports.

core graphic ip report

Created on May 5, 2014 2:17:45 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. May I ask, are you referring to PDF-Reports? Or an "ad-hoc"-report on the Historic Data-Tab of a sensor?

best regards.

Created on May 6, 2014 2:13:19 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, thank you for fast reply.

I'm talking about the "reports" section in the "report" tab (main toolbar), also available in the "Historic data" tab.

PDF works fine.

Cordially.

Created on May 7, 2014 12:17:50 PM

Votes:

This depends on how you access the webinterface. If you enter a hostname into the URL-Field of your browser (not an IP), then the webinterface will use the hostname also on the Historic Data tab, and the image loaded there.
But this should also work with IPs. Is there maybe an IP conflict here? Or do you request very long time frames?

Created on May 7, 2014 12:28:56 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

"if you enter a hostname into the URL-Field of your browser (not an IP), then the webinterface will use the hostname"

Unfortunately not. I access the Web interface with the server name. That's why I would like to know why URLs of graphics use the IP address.

In this configuration, I'm unable to create reports from the web interface.

"But this should also work with IPs". No, it can not. The IP is a local address (192.168.x.x), and I'm not currently in the office.

Created on May 7, 2014 1:48:49 PM

Votes:

In that case, there might be an issue with the DNS resolution in your network(s).

Created on May 7, 2014 2:31:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I think I have to be more precise.

I access the web interface by the public server name: "https://my_server.my_domain.fr" (with a public IP address : 109.26.x.x)

Everything works fine, I have access to almost 30 probes and over 4000 sensors.

Then:

-I click on the "Report" tab in the main toolbar

-I choose "Graphic report" (with an interval of 24h)

-I select a sensor (i.e a Ping sensor)

-then "run now"

-I select a periode

-I select "View Report as HTML"

-and finally I click on "Run report"

BUT: When I create reports, the graphics doesn't appear.

I put the mouse on the graphic (which doesn't appear, instead of it, I have à broken icon) and I see that the URL of the picture is using the local IP address which is 192.168.x.x.

So it can not work.

This is not a DNS issue. The URL is using the server local IP address instead of the server name. Why?

Then, if it's normal, how can I change this fact?

Cordially.

Created on May 7, 2014 7:50:48 PM

Votes:

This definitely is not an issue from PRTG. It could be from the browser maybe. PRTG uses relative links and provides those to the browser. The charts / graphs are loaded via these relative links (to whatever is entered into the URL-Field).

Created on May 8, 2014 12:05:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That was right. It was not an issue from PRTG.

The problem was the reverse proxy used in the company. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you how it was set, but I know that the problem came from the rewrite module.

I apologize. Thanks for your help and your patience.

Created on Jul 8, 2014 8:02:25 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.