What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

mark errors as non-errors

Votes:

Hi everybody

in a report, the availabilty of a sensor is summarized, that works well. But sometimes, I do not want all the errors or unknown stats to run into it:

- a device was down for maintenance and it was forgotten to pause its sensors before - PRTG itself got a ugrade or reboot - the route to a host was lost, but the host itself was online

Is there a way to mark errors as non-errors?

Kind regards, Torsten

error prtg report

Created on May 5, 2014 3:15:51 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid it's not yet possible to 'flag' certain sensor states in a report. We do have this on our wishlist. In the moment, I can only suggest to gather the historic data via the PRTG API (Setup->PRTG API->Historic Data), and then "generate" the report externally (of PRTG). This would allow you to flag / mark down times, etc..

best regards.

Created on May 6, 2014 2:22:58 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you Torsten, but that does not please me.

Handling all the data seems very complex and takes a lot of time. Is there a way to gather only the faults?

Created on May 6, 2014 2:45:34 PM

Votes:

For errors that already occurred, you could use the PRTG API again, to get the messages of a sensor per API-Call. But this would be on a 1-by-1 sensor basis again.
For future errors, you could look into adapting a solution similar to the one in the following KB-Articel: https://kb.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/20553-report-of-all-alerts-received

Created on May 6, 2014 3:21:29 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.