What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Citrix monitors - Error reading response: Invalid XML (XML Parser mismatch: Wanted </<<<>, got </prt

Votes:

We have a number of Citrix servers, many of them are built off the same template, and I have two servers that are giving me issues with the Lockstep Citrix Xenapp Performance monitors.

One server will not work at all, it gives me the 'Error reading response: Invalid XML (XML Parser mismatch: Wanted </<<<>, got </prtg>)' error message when trying to even setup the monitor. I have it setup exactly the same as every other server, and have confirmed that the parameters are set as %host, and it is using Windows Credentials of the parent. Any ideas on what would cause this on only one server?

The other system the monitor will work fine for the most part, but every so often it will stop responding and go into a down condition for just the Xenapp monitor. Everything is still working and no issues are seen by the users. We also don't see any issues or changes in the event logs.

citrix invalid parser xenapp xml

Created on May 5, 2014 4:50:10 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. If other sensors with the exact same script work, it can't be a general issue in PRTG. Have you consulted with Lockstep already, as it is their script?

best regards.

Created on May 7, 2014 10:36:26 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Not yet, I will check with them as well. My concern is that the scripting works find and allows connections on most of the servers, but will occasionally give the response shown above. Is there a debugging setting that I can apply to determine why it would not work consistently?

Created on May 7, 2014 4:26:45 PM

Votes:

You could try enabling the sensors option to write its last result into a sensor logfile. But this would then mean, that you "have to" grab the logfile directly when the sensor is in error state. Otherwise it will be overwritten with the result of a successful scan then later on again.

Created on May 8, 2014 2:11:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.