What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

tests to default gateway

Votes:

I have a laptop that I'm setting up testing on. It has a remote probe on it. It will use wired, wireless and VPN interfaces.

The user is having some dropped packets. More then I think is normal.

I plan to setup a number of tests ie ping jitter and QoS to see if I can locate the issue. The issue I'm running in to is how to config the sensor for the gateway with the current default gateway IP address. As the system moves from network to network I cannot find a way to keep that up to date.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

gateway ping ping-sensor

Created on May 6, 2014 10:09:05 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid from PRTG we do only have very little influence on the gateway a sensors requests use. This is something that needs to be configured on Windows level. Sorry.

best regards.

Created on May 8, 2014 12:20:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm not looking to change the default gateway or change how it is configured.

I want a sensor to ping the default gateway! What value can I put in PRTG so it will do this?

Created on May 8, 2014 6:39:52 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.