What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IPv6 connection from probe

Votes:

I have a probe installed on a laptop. I am trying to do some testing/monitoring on the device because the user is seeing connection issues and I am trying to see what the issue really is and where it is at. I have had great success with installing a remote probe and creating a few sensors to show me where the issue is at.

However this time the laptop is connecting via our new remote access system, that only creates an IPv6 tunnel. Because of the probe is not able to connect to the core, via the VPN. I have to wait until the device is plugged in then it connects and updates the sensor data.

Is there an ETA on when the probe can use IPv6 to connect to the core?

directaccess ipv6 probe remote-probe

Created on May 7, 2014 10:15:15 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

No, there I can't give you an ETA. When I look at the feature requests coming in from our customers the feature "probe connection via IPv6" is pretty far down the list.

Created on May 8, 2014 12:39:30 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Hallo Zusammen, gibt es hier eine neue Information bzgl RP IPv6? Ist das Thema in der Prioliste höher gerutscht?

Created on Mar 20, 2019 11:42:51 AM

Votes:

Hallo Sascha,

hier gibt es keine Neuigkeiten, Probe Verbindungen unterstützen nur IPv4. Ich leite die Anfrage aber gerne an unsere Entwicklung weiter.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 21, 2019 11:39:08 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.