What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Explanation of icon colors in reports | Uptime Threshold Setting

Votes:

I have been asked to explain to a customer of ours what the different shades of Red Sensor Icons indicate in the reports. I have set my system to show red icons when the Uptime is below 99% but the reports are showing a varying shade of red. I was wondering if there is a comparrison chart that shows what the varying shades of red indicate.

Thanks

icons reports uptime uptime-threshold

Created on May 9, 2014 7:14:58 PM

Last change on Jan 18, 2019 5:50:40 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your KB-Post. If X is the uptime in percent and UT is the uptime, thresholds from the setting in the options via the Setup | System Administration | Monitoring page, the gradations are as following:

X >= UT : best=green
X >= 100 - ((100-UT)*20) : yellow
X >= 100 - ((100-UT)*50) : orange
X >= 100 - ((100-UT)*100) : bright red
Everything else, so X < 100 - ((100-UT)*100) : worst = red

In addition, there are also limits of the ranges, i.e. if the respective threshold becomes too small when multiplying UT by 20/50/100, it is set to a fixed lower limit.

I hope this helps. Best regards.

Created on May 12, 2014 12:49:10 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 18, 2019 5:48:03 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there a way to change the color from RED to YELLOW? Or maybe something like this.

99.9 or above displays as GREEN 98 - 99.8 diaplays as YELLOW <98 displays as RED

Thanks!

Created on Mar 30, 2016 4:47:26 PM

Votes:

Dear MannyL

I am sorry, the colors are hard-coded and cannot be changed.

Created on Apr 4, 2016 12:27:24 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.