What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring Hardware Status of HD in a Fujitsu Server running Vmware 5.1

Votes:

What is the recomended way to monitor the Hardware Status of Hard Disks in PRTG Network Monitor? Server Hardware: Fujitsu RX300 OS: Vmware 5.1. Vcenter 5.5 Available. Using the Fujitsu CIM Provider or the Server View Plug In and what are the necessary steps or the necessary sensors?

fujitsu hard-disk sensor status vmware

Created on May 15, 2014 3:52:25 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Did you already try the VMware Host Hardware Status (SOAP) Sensor? Otherwise, you could try using SNMP. Please check if Fujitsu offers any MIB-Files that you can import with our MIB-Importer to monitor the target then with SNMP Library Sensors.

best regards.

Created on May 20, 2014 11:08:09 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

yes I tryed the SOAP sensor. But the sensor gives no informations about the disk status. I'm in contact with Fujitsu to get some CIM providers to read the informations in Vmware. Then I guess it is possible to read the disk status using the SOAP Sensor. The MIB-Files I didn't used up to now. Will try this too.

Thanks

Created on May 20, 2014 11:36:44 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.