What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Editing sensor channel settings PLEASE HELP!

Votes:

Hi I use PRTG to monitor CCQ of ubnt links anyway I manage to get the percentage of the ccq but I set Limits to see warning when ccq is low like 60 and error limit like when below 50 , It works fine but when there is no stations at all at the sector as in stations sensor=0 CCQ will be zero too, When CCQ is zero it enters the error state and i want to get rid of that,

I want to set the error limit to a number like 50 and not equal to zero so it neglects zero value , I saw units in prtg So i want this formula : below error limit= %50<>0 as in lower than 50 and not equal to zero , I really dont know how to put that in a sensor channel ,Any help would be useful thanks...

ccq channel sensor unit

Created on May 16, 2014 8:01:43 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please try using the Multi-Edit.

Created on May 21, 2014 11:20:40 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very sorry, but this is not possible. You cannot use such formulas in the limits. Only pure numbers can be entered there. And as 0 is lower than 50 the sensor will then be in error state. Sorry.

best regards.

Created on May 20, 2014 11:16:44 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank for your help, I have another important question regards it , I was able to solve this matter by removing the error limit from my sensors and using only the warning limit, My problem I don't know how to apply my new configuration for all of my old sensor channels is there any way to apply new sensor channel values for all channels as ex named "CCQ" It would really be helpful ,Note that I already know that i can use clone for the new sensors but My problem is with the old one's

regards

Created on May 21, 2014 5:16:24 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please try using the Multi-Edit.

Created on May 21, 2014 11:20:40 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank u very much i used it with filtering now all fine, This ends my question thanks mate.

Created on May 21, 2014 2:50:54 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.