What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map connector port names

Votes:

Is it possible to put port names on the connector between two devices? Or better, to bind two ports (sensors) to a certain connector? Something like hovering over a connector between two devices which gives you instant information which ports are used for that link.

I know it's possible to insert the port sensor object directly, but i'd like a basic topology drawing on the map while inserting only device objects instead of multiple sensors per device.

connector link map name port

Created on May 22, 2014 9:36:38 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid the only way will be to indeed use the SNMP Traffic Sensors (for each port) separately and then use connection lines from this. Sorry.

best regards.

Created on May 23, 2014 7:54:28 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

That is rather unfortunate. Are there any plans of implementing this? The maps feature would benefit very much from this simple addition.

Created on May 27, 2014 3:40:16 PM

Votes:

Sorry, there are no plans to change this in the near future.

Created on May 28, 2014 7:19:16 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.