What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Replace mobile links for full site

Votes:

Hi

What is the best way to update the HTML message for notifications to not to link to the mobile web site? We dont use the mobile site, but yet every alert that comes out has the pause and acknowledge links going to the mobile site.

I have tried editing the html to remove the /m/ in the target URL but yet it still when you click on the alert it takes you through to the mobile site.

Thanks

custom-html notification-email prtg

Created on May 27, 2014 12:03:20 PM

10 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. May I ask, what exactly did you try editing? Changing the notification under "Setup"->"Account Settings"->"Notifications" should help. Please try leaving %homem in the notification template, but remove the /m in the links, to have the redirect work.

<a href="%homem/scannow.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=0&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Check Now</a><br>
<a href="%homem/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;ackmsg=Acknowledged+via+email&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Acknowledge Alarm...</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pause.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=0&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pauseobjectfor.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;duration=5&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause for 5 minutes</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pauseobjectfor.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;duration=60&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause for 60 minutes</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pauseobjectfor.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;duration=1440&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause for 24 hours</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pause.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=1&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Resume</a>

best regards.

Created on May 28, 2014 10:49:31 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 29, 2014 8:53:36 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

I have just changed it to be the below but when i click on the links they just error out and goto page cannot be found in IE

<a href="%home/pauseobjectfor.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;duration=5&amp;targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause for 5 minutes</a><br>

Thanks

Created on May 28, 2014 12:07:50 PM

Votes:

I have tried that again (see example below) but now it takes me to the full web site but the public login page, so when i type in my credentials and click OK it just goes to the page cannot be found page because the link goes to /public/checklogin.htm page

<a href="%homem/scannow.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=0&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Check Now</a><br>

Created on May 28, 2014 1:24:01 PM

Votes:

Sorry that was copied from the wrong screen, this is from the live html and it still doesnt work, it just goes to the public page

<a href="%home/scannow.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=0&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Check Now</a><br>

Created on May 28, 2014 1:33:00 PM

Votes:

I apologize, my previous answers were incorrect (thus I removed / corrected them). Please try leaving %homem in the notification template, but remove the /m in the links, to have the redirect work.

<a href="%homem/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;ackmsg=Acknowledged+via+email&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Acknowledge Alarm...</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pause.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=0&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pauseobjectfor.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;duration=5&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause for 5 minutes</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pauseobjectfor.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;duration=60&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause for 60 minutes</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pauseobjectfor.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;duration=1440&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause for 24 hours</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pause.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=1&amp;targeturl=/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Resume</a>

Created on May 29, 2014 8:52:00 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

I just tried that and it takes me through to the mobile web site again, but it doesnt look that great as its missing the PRTG logo and i am unable to log in, in either IE or chrome

Dan

Created on May 29, 2014 9:06:17 AM

Votes:

It works fine here. Maybe start of again with the default template. Then have a proper notification caused (not use the "Test" on notification, use the "Simulate Error-Status"-Function), and then "play" with the URLs / Links from the notification, to see what to remove.

Created on May 29, 2014 9:36:12 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

i had played around with it and even reset it back to the default template and then started again before posting on here, but i guess i will have to go back to the drawing board....

Created on Jun 2, 2014 2:45:06 PM

Votes:

I too have removed the /m from URL's and the notifications still show the fqdn/m/url.

To fix the link I click on I just hard coded the URL for now.

Created on Oct 4, 2014 9:48:48 PM

Votes:

Bit of a delay in getting back on this but Torsten's suggestion of removing the /m didn't work, so I too have had to hard code the server address in two sections for every link.

So wherever it had homem/ or /m I have now replaced with https://SERVERNAME/ and that seems to have done the trick

Created on Nov 6, 2014 12:06:36 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.