What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Visualize Link Usage in maps

Votes:

Is there a way to visualize the current link usage? We currently use php-weathermap in addition to prtg to visualize the current link usage. With prtg I can only Link devices but there is no "semantic" behind the links. Is it possible to say for example "This Link is related to sensor xyz and sensor xyz has a limit of X" and then use colors or thickness to visualize the current usage of the link?

If it is not possible PLEASE implement it - it's a feature we really would like to see in prtg as we are really used to see with one look where congestions are happening or about to happen.

bandwidth-utilization maps snmp

Created on May 27, 2014 2:54:33 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid the only way will be to indeed use the Traffic Sensors (for each port) separately and then use connection lines from this. Sorry.

best regards.

Created on May 29, 2014 10:57:09 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I agree it would be very helpful to have this info in the requested format. I have created a few maps that contain the port graph for both ports and then a line between them. It is not very user friendly to view.

Created on Jun 2, 2014 4:58:17 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.