What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I get Geo-Maps to remain zoomed in on one area?

Votes:

Our company utilizes PRTG to monitor many clients in various locations. Each time the map refreshes, the zoom is reset. However, I want to remain zoomed in on a certain region. We are using NokiaMaps (HERE) as the Geo-Maps provider. If this is not possible, would I be better off creating a group with all customers in that area?

custom geo-maps nokia sensor

Created on May 28, 2014 6:00:19 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

It is not possible to keep a Geo-Map zoom level in PRTG maps. The default zoom level is set automatically. If the locations fit in an area, the nearest fitting zoom level will be automatically chosen. I am sorry, there is currently no more control over the Geo-Map zoom level.

Created on May 29, 2014 12:50:28 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

If I created a group for the devices in the region, would that be better? Is there any way to do this without affecting the way the devices are monitored?

Created on May 29, 2014 1:03:40 PM

Votes:

Groups are also supported by maps. You can move devices between groups (device overview, "Management" tab.) To ensure that the monitoring is not affected, please make sure that the new group has the same group settings as the group from where you move the devices.

Created on May 30, 2014 12:14:39 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.