What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Library sensor gives back message wich i need to make a graph from

Votes:

Hi all,

We have a device that we read with SNMP to get back a value, this value is a number. I need this number to be in a graph. PRTG will only add the response time of this sensor in the graph, and the interruption, but i can not select the message to be put in a channel or graph. Is there a way to make this possible? If so, how is this done?

channel message sensor

Created on May 30, 2014 10:46:16 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. It seems as if the sensors are "SNMP Custom String"-Sensors. This is a problem, because strings can't be graphed (and so PRTG can only graph the response time).
You can use a feature in the Settings of a SNMP Custom String Sensor though to extract the number using Regular Expressions: http://abload.de/img/screenshot2014-06-02aa9s20.png

best regards.

Created on Jun 2, 2014 12:37:37 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but this has been resolved using client specific sensors!

Created on Jun 2, 2014 1:10:22 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.