What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Find out which sensors returned to OK state.

Votes:

Hello Paessler,

Is there a possibility to know which devices became reachable (based on ping sensor) respective a previous report?

For example: I have 400 devices which I have to report to my management (they have only Ping sensors). When I send the report, my boss wants to know which of the devices are reachable now compared to a previous report.. I cannot check it manually, because I would have to check every device in the previous report and compare it to a new report. Is there a quick way to detect a flapping device?

Thank you.

fast-detection-of-devices-that-came-up flapping-device flexible-report smart-report

Created on May 30, 2014 2:40:02 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. You could try just getting a list of sensors, their state and last value from the PRTG API to compare the report against to. Please see the details under "Setup"->"PRTG API"->"Live Data" in your very own PRTG.

best regards.

Created on Jun 3, 2014 8:09:57 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.