What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring EMC VNX 5200

Votes:

Hello,

we got a new EMC VNX 5200 Storage and i want to monitoring it. But i can´t find the right Sensors. Are there some MIB Librarys i can use? Need some help because at this moment i know nothing abaut EMC :-(

Geetings Patrick

emc mib vnx

Created on Jun 3, 2014 8:39:54 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Alibadany,

The VNX Series is indeed not supported as the sensors use NaviSphere and VNX uses unisphere. We've developed the sensor against this API.

Currently there are no plans for further development. It might be still possible to monitor it with SNMP sensors though, therefor I would recommend to contact the vendor to check out if they have a MIB file for the particular device, which you can integrate then in PRTG as described here.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 13, 2018 8:19:49 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 13, 2018 8:20:07 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Please check if the vendor of your device offers any MIB-Files that you can import with our MIB-Importer to monitor the target then with SNMP Library Sensors.

best regards.

Created on Jun 4, 2014 1:15:04 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Do you have a solution? I've got a 5400 and use PRTG for simple "PING".

Created on Feb 17, 2015 12:24:51 PM

Votes:

Sorry, please check with EMC for MIBs on these device. PRTG does not have native sensors for these devices. We'll put it on the wish list though.

Created on Feb 17, 2015 1:07:08 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Update: As of version 18.1.37, PRTG includes 5 sensor types that enable you to monitor your Dell EMC storage systems out of the box! The sensors use the REST API of Dell EMC devices to show you health status and other important measurements of your Dell EMC storage components.

Created on Mar 9, 2018 5:30:52 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's only support Dell EMC systems that provide a REST API (EMC Unity Family, EMC Unity All Flash, EMC Unity Hybrid, and EMC UnityVSA)

Created on Aug 10, 2018 6:52:35 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Alibadany,

The VNX Series is indeed not supported as the sensors use NaviSphere and VNX uses unisphere. We've developed the sensor against this API.

Currently there are no plans for further development. It might be still possible to monitor it with SNMP sensors though, therefor I would recommend to contact the vendor to check out if they have a MIB file for the particular device, which you can integrate then in PRTG as described here.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 13, 2018 8:19:49 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 13, 2018 8:20:07 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.