What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change failure value for many sensors in one time

Votes:

Hello!

I have a PRTG machine with 5600 sensors and I want to change the standard value for the sensor "System Health Temperature" (snmp). It´s all the same hardware (Cisco switches)

All existing sensors for temperature should be the same new failure value

Is it possible to change the "main template" from the sensor-chanel for changing this value for the future an what can I do to change all existing sensors in one time?

When I use Multi-Edit to see all sensors and want to change chanel-settings for all, the chanel page is empty. I think it´s because every temperature feeler (hardware) is unique?

We also tested to clone an temperature sensor with right new settings from one machine to another. No chance. The copied sensor can´t find the hardware on the target machine.

I hope i just overlooked the simple way to change all values in one time.

Please, can you help me?

Greetings, it-poldi

prtg sensor value

Created on Jun 5, 2014 7:04:55 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid indeed, if the Channel Names are different, the Multi-Edit does not work.
It's not possible to set a default for the sensors, because with the SNMP Cisco Health Sensors, PRTG reads the values for the error & warning - limits directly from the device.

best regards

Created on Jun 6, 2014 1:03:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.