What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Application Windows IIS sensor Error

Votes:

Hello,

I try to monitor with Application Windows IIS sensor, when i create the sensor, i have no problem. If i wait 1 hour i have this message : WMI : Impossible d'établir la connexion (code: PE015) -- PerfCounter: Impossible de se connecter suivant les informations d'identification indiqués. Assurez-vous qu'elles ne sont pas seulement valides pour le système cible, mais aussi pour le système du probe. (erreur de compteur de performance 0xB0000004)

I don't change the login, i have the problem with all my server. I have set the primary monitoring method to WMI only.

Have you an idea ?

iis performance-counters wmi

Created on Jun 11, 2014 3:06:20 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

It sounds like this machine's WMI subsystem is having issues and you will probably have to troubleshoot the issue on that machine. We have a few articles here and here that cover some of the ways to fix WMI and we also have a WMI Tester that may be of use to you as well.

Created on Jun 13, 2014 1:48:55 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.