What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto acknowledge gives 'Unauthorized'

Votes:

Hi there,

I have configured the Auto-acknowledge feature for down sensors. But it doesn't work. The log keeps giving me: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

The string is correct if i manually replace sensorid% by the ID of the sensor and run the request within the browser. It works fine that way.

- I tried the automatic way under the prtgadmin and under my own account: no change - I tried change the DNS name for the server in the string to the IP-adres (both with :8080)

The trigger works fine with sending e-mail so that's no problem.

What to do now ?

acknowlegde alarm api auto

Created on Jun 18, 2014 8:49:46 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

using the passhash parameter did the trick !! THX !

Created on Jun 20, 2014 12:20:20 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your kB-Post. Could you maybe please upload some screenshots showing the "Settings" of the Notification? Just to check, did you use the "Test"-Notification button? Or use the Simulate-Error-Function on a sensor with this notification on it?

best regards.

Created on Jun 20, 2014 11:43:12 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Info sent by mail

Created on Jun 20, 2014 12:05:27 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

using the passhash parameter did the trick !! THX !

Created on Jun 20, 2014 12:20:20 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.