What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Ticket categorization

Votes:

1. Can I categorize the issues in PRTG ticketing system? While closing the ticket we should be able to categorize the ticket based on the solution we provided and we should be able to generate the report every month to understand the % of the complaints in certain category. 2. There are cases where the link goes down due to customer side issues which would directly affect the SLA. For eg, customer turns of the router without prior information which should not affect our SLA. Is there any option that we can exclude these from our reports? 3. Does PRTG give correct SLA report for each device?? Or for groups?

categorization report-exclusion sla

Created on Jun 20, 2014 3:17:21 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

1. I'm very much afraid categorization is not yet possible in the ticket system. I did add your vote though to the according wish list collection for the ticket system.

2. It's not yet possible to 'flag' certain sensor states in a report. We do have this on our wishlist. In the moment, I can only suggest to gather the historic data via the PRTG API (Setup->PRTG API->Historic Data), and then "generate" the report externally (of PRTG). This would allow you to flag / mark down times, etc..

3. I'm afraid summary uptime/downtime in reports is not possible (is not done), and actually intended from us, as we think such an averaged Uptime can be highly misleading. Just for an example, if you have a group of 100 devices, one being the main-router, the others 99 workstations, a high average Uptime might mislead, if this main-router is the only one having a low Uptime actually. For such groups of devices you could though gather the data yourself using the PRTG API (Setup->PRTG API), and then calculate the average uptimes with an external tool.

best regards.

Created on Jun 24, 2014 8:26:11 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.