What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can limiting specific user to not viewing the credential information of root settings tab in web

Votes:

Recently installing free version for our VPN connection for our branches, what I need is grant access for our ISP to see our traffics plus failover and packet loss, already created new read only User and Group without administrative access, but when using the mentioned user, that user can see easily the credential information from the “setting” tab on the “Group Root” (without edit access) but I am wondering because don’t want to share that such as secret information with my service provider.

credentials permissions users web-interface

Created on Jun 23, 2014 8:35:18 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid a user has always access (at least read access) to the root element in the tree. That cannot be avoided. I would suggest though, to simply set the credentials one level lower on the Probe(s). This should still not be many places to set the credentials, and you can use the Multi-Edit to assist with it.

best regards.

Created on Jun 25, 2014 11:11:57 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, However I solved my problem by your mentioned solution trough setting the credential to lower level, That's better than nothing. I hope "Paessler" consider to that important point in near future.

Sincerely,

Created on Jun 25, 2014 9:44:03 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.