What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Add Trigger to change state

Votes:

Hi

I have a sensor monitoring Output Load on a UPS.

The trigger so far says "If load is above 70% for more than 60 seconds, send email to Admin"

I also want it to change the state of the sensor to warning or error depending on Load value - how do I do this?

I am looking to do the same with a number of other sensors, such as Runtime remaining (i.e Under 10 mins runtime send alert and change state to error)

change state trigger

Created on Jun 25, 2014 10:30:51 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear user

Please open the sensor overview tab and click on the according channel to open the channel configuration. The dialogue offers to enable limits which allow you to trigger warning or error states depending on the value.

Once this is done you can add a state trigger.

Created on Jun 26, 2014 2:35:23 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.