What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Troubleshooting SNMPERR_BAD_SENDTO (SNMP error # -12)

Votes:

Hi

I need some help troubleshooting this one...

We have several HP Servers deployed with no problems and this one is set up no differently as far as I can see, but all SNMP HP sensors (ProLiant Health etc) come up with the SNMPERR_BAD_SENDTO (SNMP error # -12) error.

The HP System Management Tools is installed on the server as is SNMP Service.

The SNMP Community matches both sides, as does port etc. Each time I have changed something I have restarted the SNMP Service along with all the HP ones.

Are there any suggestions or logs I can look at?

hp logs snmp

Created on Jun 25, 2014 1:37:20 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

If you add a SNMP Uptime sensor, does that work?

Created on Jun 26, 2014 10:07:30 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I get the same error

Created on Jun 26, 2014 10:21:28 AM

Votes:

Then this seems to be a general problem, not just with the HP sensors. Please run a "Walk" test against the device in case using the base OID 1.3.6.1 via our SNMP Tester and forward us the resulting logs for analysis to [email protected]. Please refer to this thread for proper association.

Created on Jun 26, 2014 10:36:34 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Jun 26, 2014 10:37:24 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.