What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco Rack Mount Servers

Votes:

I don't see any sensor for monitoring Cisco rack mount servers that aren't tied into a UCS, is this possible?

Would like the hardware health similiar to the HP tools that PRTG is able to poll from the HP servers, but not seeing anything for Cisco Rack Mount Servers

cisco prtg snmp ucs

Created on Jun 25, 2014 5:07:51 PM

Last change on Jul 14, 2015 7:02:35 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

4 Replies

Votes:

or do i need to monitor the ILO\CIM interface?

Created on Jun 25, 2014 6:43:45 PM

Votes:

Hello,

you can try to add the sensors via the CIM-Interface, but it might not work as the SNMP UCS Sensors are built for UCS-Systems. The better approach would be to check if Cisco offers any MIB-Files that you can import with our MIB-Importer to monitor the target then with SNMP Library Sensors.

best regards.

Created on Jun 30, 2014 8:58:16 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Just want to pass a note that this has been resolved and addressed using the cisco ucs server. I poll the cimc interface using that sensor and pull back all the health info.

Created on Jul 13, 2015 7:01:29 PM

Votes:

Hello kube1984, thank you for sharing that information, I'm sure if will be very useful for further customers trying to achieve the same.

Best regards,

Created on Jul 14, 2015 7:03:15 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.