What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Help with HP ProLiant ML1xx G5-7 Servers

Votes:

Hi

I have been struggling with several of our smaller deployments, which are ML110 or ML115 G5-7.

I have installed every HP Management tool I can find, and I persistently get varied results.

Either:

SNMP HP ProLiant System Health works, but SNMP ProLiant Physical Disks give "No Disks found"

SNMP HP ProLiant System Health yields error No Such Name (SNMP error # 2) or No such object (SNMP error # 222)

Is this all purely down to misconfiguration somewhere along the line, or is some of this dependant on the hardware for example? I.E If the server has a dedicated RAID Card, or if certain Generations have stipulations, etc.

error proliant snmp

Created on Jun 26, 2014 3:06:20 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

We had some issues with HP sensors too.

We needed to install the snmp agent, configure it via Services to accept the monitoring probe. Make sure the firewall is not blocking UDP port 161 for snmp.

Also for the Physical Disks sensor to work the HP server needs the HP Systems Management Agent for both SNMP aswell as the WBEM Agent.

If the disks are not displayed in HP Systems Management Homepage or HP SIM then WBEM agent is not installed. No need to set WBEM as the SMH source keep it on SNMP.

Hope this helps.

Created on Jun 27, 2014 11:54:45 AM

Votes:

Hi

Thanks for your reply - let's tackle one system at a time, as I'm sure each is a little bit different.

First things first, basics - the Remote Probe has broken inheritence settings for this site, and SNMP set to v2 with default community of abc and port 161.

HP ML115 G5 Server running Windows 2008 R2 x64, this is also the Probe (single server site)

I have installed the Windows SNMP Service, and Properties Tab has the following:

TRAPS - Community name abc, Trap Destinations has local server IP added Security - Send Authentication Trap ticked, Community - abc (RW), Accept SNMP Packets from ANY host

HP Tools installed: HP System Management Homepage HP Insight Management WBEM Providers for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions

Error when adding sensor: No such object (SNMP error # 222)

This tells me there is nothing wrong with Network or SNMP comms, and down to configuration/missing tools.

I think I need to get the HP Insight Management AGENT installed (which I am having trouble with, saying I am missing a management driver?)

Created on Jun 27, 2014 12:50:59 PM

Votes:

Second System is very close to being sorted out, maybe you can help on this one as well?

HP ML310 G5p on SBS 2008.

Everything is installed, and the HP ProLiant Health Sensor works.

HP Physical Disk however doesnt - going back to what you said, you are right in that the HP System Management Homepage does not show the RAID controller or disks, it just lists it as Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller.

The Data Source is listed on the SMH as WBEM. How do I configure it / install for SNMP also? It just lists it as Insight Management Agent.

Thanks in advance

Created on Jun 27, 2014 1:04:11 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.