What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

File content sensor- Logon failure: The network name cannot be found(67) (code: PE029)

Votes:

I'm trying to create a file content sensor and I continue to receive the above error. Other sensors are working and I'm also using a correct login/password to run the sensor. Any ideas? Thanks

67 pe029 prtg

Created on Jun 26, 2014 7:49:35 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

which other sensors do you have scanning the exact same target? Can you please try if a normal File Sensor does "see" the target file?

best regards.

Created on Jun 30, 2014 11:43:34 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It doesn't see the file under the file sensor. The HTTP Advanced sensor works along with PING. All SNMP sensors fail, so I'm guessing that port isn't open on the target host. I'll take a deeper look.

Created on Jul 30, 2014 5:52:38 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.