What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

link PRTG with AD

Votes:

Hello there, There was one year when we installed PRTG we did not want to link it to our Active Directory. Today we've changed our minds. I found how to link to our PRTG active directory, but that does not he may cause difficulties on our current configuration. If the connection is made, will it be possible to go back?

active-directory prtg user1300

Created on Jul 1, 2014 1:25:33 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

connecting your PRTG installation to the AD only means that you can now add groups from your AD to PRTG and users from that AD group can log in to PRTG.

If you remove the domain from PRTG the users will no longer be able to log in.

Created on Jul 2, 2014 7:09:32 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

When you say the domain PRTG you talk about local user accounts?

Created on Jul 2, 2014 8:43:20 AM

Votes:

Created on Jul 2, 2014 9:39:10 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes I aivais already found this link. By against the Administrator account is deleted after it binding ad

Created on Jul 2, 2014 9:49:36 AM

Votes:

hello,

I dont quite understand your last reply, sorry.

Created on Jul 3, 2014 7:20:32 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

After binding of the active directory administrator account is it also deleted

Created on Jul 3, 2014 9:27:01 AM

Votes:

Do you mean that you cannot login with the PRTG Administrator? The user will only appear if they have logged at least once. Otherwise you won't see him in the user management.

Created on Jul 7, 2014 9:49:32 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.