What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Some questions regarding maps creation.

Votes:

Hello,

I'm planing to create a map for my LAN but I need to be sure for something.

1. Based on this example photo http://i.imgur.com/1aywpqH.png, is there any way to display a single sensor without its graph? I mean, in the same way like icons with multiple sensors.

2. Is there a way, to list the respective names/descriptions of sensors when you pass (hover) the mouse over the sensors? In few words, if I've multiple sensors for an icon, e.g 4 sensors, I'm able to see only 3x UP, or 1x Paused etc., but no more further info!

3. Usually to create a new map, we need to select at minimum one sensor from the Tree. Than, we can drag-drop it inside the map area. An icon (static or not) appears in the map.

But, is there a way to put into the map only the sensor(s) without icons?

In this way, I can put my network scenario (image) as a background of map, than I can move sensors optionally in map. In my memory, maybe I'm wrong, older versions of PRTG, had this option!

Thanks

icons maps prtg sensors

Created on Jul 4, 2014 2:00:26 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

1) You can use "Name and Status" that you find in the group "Status Icons"

2) Not that I have seen. But you can click on i.e. 4x UP and get a list of that sensors.

3) See the map objects under the groups "Status Icons" and "Graphs". You can then go to "Settings" tab, set Background Image to on an choose an image of your network design as a background image.

- Jens Tore Fremmegaard, ServerParkering AS, Paessler Certified Monitoring Professional -

Created on Jul 8, 2014 6:44:16 AM

Votes:

Thanks Jens for your guide, appreciated.

It was very useful for me.

best, Toni

Created on Jul 10, 2014 1:31:04 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.